Program Tutor - Greater Austin Area
The Program Tutor reports to the Director of Testing and Pilot Programs and is the first- tier of business leadership responsible for the day-to-day operations at the assigned campus. The Program Tutor will interact with personnel at the assigned campus, such as Teachers and Administration, to ensure that goals of the tutoring program are met.
The Program Tutor must be certified in Math, English Language Arts or EC-4 with a minimum of 2 years classroom experience. Experience working with elementary and middle school students required.
Role and Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
Essential functions of this position include:
1. Provide tutoring before, during school hours at assigned campus.
2. Set-up and take-down of all student learning tools and materials before and after tutoring sessions.
3. Supervise and support students while tutoring.
4. Administer pre and post testing for students to determine initial placement in the program and measure academic progress after tutoring.
5. Maintain on-going and effective collaboration with school staff.
6. Control costs by meeting inventory, manpower, and food cost budgets.
7. Maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act.
8. Track distribution of learning tools to the student/user and ensure all documentation is properly completed.
9. Model appropriate behaviors and values, including adhering to Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. Possess sensitivity to social, economic and cultural diversity.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. BA/BS in Education
4. Valid state teaching certification in math or reading and language arts.
5. Minimum of 2 years classroom experience.
6. Experience working with middle school students.
7. Excellent problem solving abilities: The ability to read complex policies and procedures, interpret implications and apply to specific situations. Must be detail-oriented, meticulous and thorough with well developed critical evaluation skills.
8. Excellent communication skills: The ability to listen to internal and external stakeholders, understand the needs being expressed and respond appropriately, whether verbally or through written media.
9. Multi-tasking: The ability to prioritize work and manage multiple competing requirements. Track and document task completion. Ability to reprioritization “on the fly” is critical to success in this role.
10. This position requires strong computer skills, including word processing, spread sheets, e-mail.
11. Background check: Because we provide services to students, all employees and contractors who may have direct contact with children are required to complete a fingerprint-based background check. As a result, Read and Succeed, LLC/Tutors with Computers LLC will have access to national Criminal History Record Information (CHRI), including arrests nationwide. It is important that any information that may be included in CHRI be disclosed during the interview/pre-hire process.
12. Safe driving record: Driving record may not include more than three moving violations within a seven year period.
The Program Tutor will work onsite at an assigned school in the Austin Independent School District. Work will occur in the class room during school. This position may involve partnership with Austin School District Staff.