Back to Jobs
Program Tutor -- Secondary Math
The Program Tutor reports to the Director of Testing and Pilot Programs and is the first- tier of business leadership responsible for the day-to-day operations at their assigned campus. The Program Tutor will interact with personnel at the assigned campus, such as Teachers and Administration to ensure that goals of the tutoring program are met. The Program Tutor will also provide group and one-on-one tutoring for students who are struggling in Math.
YOU MUST HAVE A SECONDARY MATH CERTIFICATION, MINIMUM 2 YEARS CLASSROOM EXPERIENCE, AND EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
MUST BE IN THE AUSTIN AREA.
Role and Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks:
Essential functions of this position include:
1. Maintain tutoring program during school at an assigned campus.
2. Supervise and support students while tutoring. Offer interventions to students struggling to advance in the program.
3. Administer pre and post testing for students tutoring in the program to determine initial placement in the program and measure academic progress after tutoring.
4. Maintain on-going and effective collaboration with school staff.
5. Control program costs by meeting inventory, manpower, and food cost budgets.
6. Maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act.
7. Model appropriate behaviors and values, including adhering to Code of Conduct and Ethics Policy.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
1. Possess sensitivity to social, economic and cultural diversity.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. BA/BS in Education
4. Valid state teaching certification in math.
5. Excellent problem solving abilities: The ability to read complex policies and procedures, interpret implications and apply to specific situations. Must be detail-oriented, meticulous and thorough with well-developed critical evaluation skills.
6. Excellent communication skills: The ability to listen to internal and external stakeholders, understand the needs being expressed and respond appropriately, whether verbally or through written media.
7. Multi-tasking: The ability to prioritize work and manage multiple competing requirements. Track and document task completion. Ability to reprioritization “on the fly” is critical to success in this role.
8. This position requires strong computer skills, including word processing, spread sheets, e-mail.
9. Background check: Because we provide services to students, all employees and contractors who may have direct contact with children are required to complete a fingerprint-based background check. As a result, Read and Succeed, LLC/Tutors with Computers LLC will have access to national Criminal History Record Information (CHRI), including arrests nationwide. It is important that any information that may be included in CHRI be disclosed during the interview/pre-hire process.
10. Safe driving record: Driving record may not include more than three moving violations within a seven year period.
The Program Tutor will work onsite at an assigned school in the Austin Independent School District. Work will occur in the class room before, during or after school. This position may involve partnership with Austin School District Staff. The Program Coordinator may be required to travel throughout the Austin metro area to pick up learning tools, snacks, etc.