The Program Aide is responsible for assisting the Site Coordinator with execution of activities essential to running Read and Succeed’s Extended Learning Time tutoring program in New York City Schools. The program will be held after school from 2:30pm-6:30pm. The Program Aide will also be responsible for interfacing with school personnel including Teachers and Administration. This is a part time position offering 20 hours per week.
Role and Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
Essential functions of this position include:
1. Set-up and take-down of all student learning tools and materials before and after tutoring sessions.
2. Supervise, assist, and support students during tutoring sessions.
3. Distribution of before or after school snacks (if program is held outside of normal school hours).
4. Meet with local staff to pick up supplies such as student snacks, learning tools, etc.
5. Maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act
6. Comply with the ethics standards to which all Extended Learning Time providers are held.
7. Attend any scheduled team meetings.
8. Additional duties as assigned by Site Coordinator.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. HS diploma or equivalent and some college credit preferred.
2. CPR/First Aid Certification and TB Testing may be required, dependent on campus served.
3. Bilingual preferred.
4. Excellent verbal communication skills.
5. General computer skills, ability to set up computer equipment, connect to the internet, use email systems, and MS Office etc.
6. Ability to multitask.
7. Computer skills: Experience using cloud computing solutions preferred. This position requires strong computer skills,
8. Background check: Because we provide services to students, all employees and contractors who may have direct contact with children are required to complete a fingerprint-based background check. As a result, Read and Succeed, LLC/Tutors with Computers LLC will have access to national Criminal History Record Information (CHRI), including arrests nationwide. It is important that any information that may be included in CHRI be disclosed during the interview/pre-hire process.
9. NYC DOE Fingerprinted preferred.
This position will work at an assigned school in the NYC City Public School System. Work will occur in the class room before, during or after school. This position may involve partnership with New York City School Staff .